Kypreos Group was founded by George Kypreos in 1970.
When he founded Kypreos Group 52 years ago, George Kypreos had a vision to provide excellence in civil engineering across the Sydney area. As the city grew, so did George’s business. Since 1970, Kypreos Group has rapidly expanded, completing pivotal infrastructure projects that have improved roads, highways, tunnels and airports. Even after half a century, Kypreos Group remains true to George’s original vision. We deliver outstanding customer service, efficient, safe delivery and project outcomes which stand the test of time.
PAVING THE WAY FOR SYDNEYSIDERS: MILESTONES & MAJOR PROJECTS
- Construction of roads and shoulders throughout the Ryde Municipality.
- Upgrades to the taxiways and runways at Sydney Kingsford Smith and Bankstown Airports.
- Pivotal highway upgrades in NSW: The Great Western Highway at Prospect, Glenbrook, and the Cumberland Highway.
- Stage two of the RAAF Richmond base apron.
- Refurbishment of Sydney’s Hyde Park, including the Pool of Remembrance.
- Road widening of the F4 Freeway.
- Reconstruction of the Pacific Highway, Coffs Harbour.
- Concrete paving of the Gore Hill Freeway.
- Construction of the City West Link in Lilyfield.
- Upgrade Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport for the 2000 Olympics, along with the construction of the parts of the Olympic rowing facility at Penrith Lakes.
- Taxiway and runway widening, in preparation for the A380 Airbus Superjumbo Jet. Conducted while Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport remained fully operational.
- Established State Asphalts NSW and State Asphalt Services to supply internal projects and offer services to Local Government
- Construction of Prestons Asphalt Production Facility in Western Sydney
- Development of technical RAP integration process back into asphalt mixes, TfNSW develops RAP framework specifications around State Asphalts NSW techniques
- State Asphalts NSW pioneers first multi-layer Warm Mix trial in Sydney, a first in NSW
- Road profiling of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, with critical structural and environmental factors.
- State Asphalts NSW is the first in Australia to produce Crumb Rubber Asphalt in a continuous drum plant
- State Asphalts NSW develops product specification for use of Recycled Crushed Glass (RCG) in Asphalt in partnership with IQ Renew
- State Asphalts NSW received highest federal grant in Australia for continued research into use of waste materials in Asphalt Production
Looking Forward for our clients
Our strong history has laid the foundation for an exciting future and Kypreos is proud to be part of the journey to create a better Australia. While our team draws on extensive experience, we are always seeking new ways to improve efficiency, safety, cost-effectiveness and results.